Last Updated April 2021
This is a list of all operational changes for the City of Margate and important resources during the COVID-19 situation.
Please follow all of the Social Distancing guidelines as provided by the CDC.
Change in State Mandate Regarding Emergency Medical Services
- All Patients MUST be screened for Covid -19 from a safe distance of (6) feet.
- Those exhibiting Fever of 100.4F or Higher / Cough / Shortness of breath will be assessed for Transport or Treatment in place in accordance to State guidelines.
- We encourage everyone to practice social distancing to prevent the spread.
- Police, Fire and EMS service will continue as usual.
- The municipal building as of July 13, is open to the Public from 9:00 am until 3:30 pm. Please enter through the Multi Purpose Room located off of Winchester Avenue. Face mask, Temparture & health screening are required.
- Municipal Court sessions have resumed virtually until further notice. If you have a pending court date or any questions, the court personnel are available by calling 609-822-1998 or via email by addressing questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please be advised of the following updates from the Margate City Recreation Department:
Tennis Courts will open Friday, May 29. Reservations will be needed beginning June 5.
Basketball Courts will open Friday, May 29, 2020.
Jerome Ave. Fields will be open on Friday, May 29, 2020.
Pickleball Courts will open Monday, June 1 at 8 a.m. Court reservations are required. Reservations will be accepted beginning at 7:30 a.m. on Monday, June 1.
- Playgrounds are now open
For more details please visit our website at www.margate-nj.com/recreation.
- The Margate Library is now open. Face mask and social distancing is required. For more information visit their website http://www.margatelibrary.org/images/mcpl/stories/pdf/Reopening1.pdf
- The Margate City Senior Citizen Pavilion will be closed until further notice.
On Sept 8th, the shuttle service restarted to transport the Margate seniors. Our Staff has instituted Covid 19 daily cleaning procedures. Social distancing and masks are required.The Margate City Shuttle Bus serves Margate seniors 65+ and residents with disabilities. The destinations to Margate, Ventnor and Longport includes local stores, doctors’ appointments, and recreation facilities. There is a monthly schedule that includes all our local trips as well as Shop-Rite, Walmart and Boscov’s.The Margate Shuttle has received excellent ratings from NJ Transit and continues to be a vital part of the Margate senior center.
- The Public Works Department is available Monday to Friday by calling 609-822-5038. All water/sewer emergencies should be reported to the Police Department at 609-822-1151.
- Trash and Recycle will be on normal schedules. For further information check with the ACUA at (609) 272-6950 or their website http://www.acua.com/
- The Municipal Yard is open for residents to drop off Trash/Recycle/Yard Waste on Wednesday 1pm to 3pm and Sunday 12pm to 6pm. Vegetative waste is being picked up on the normal schedule
- All short-term Rental housing inspections will resume May 11, 2020.
- All yearly Rental and Land Use/Resale applications are being processed.
- Please visit the website for more detail on these changes: https://www.margate-nj.com/building/pages/housing-forms-and-information
- Margate City’s Annual Shred Event is scheduled for Saturday, April 24th from 9 a.m. – noon at the Margate City Public Works Yard located at 101 N. Benson Ave in Margate. This Shred Event is open to residents of Margate and Longport only with proof of residency. Shredding will be done by Shred-It and any questions and info pertaining to specific materials allowed are available at Shred-it.com. For any additional questions or concerns, please contact Anthony Edge at MCPW, 609-822-5038. This event will take place outside and social distancing rules, such as masks, are mandatory.
- Smoke Detector Program - We will still provide smoke detectors to the residents, we will just not be installing them at the present time
- Routine Incident Response - We are limiting the number of personnel responding and entering the residence, precautionary for our personnel and for the residents
- State of New Jersey Department of Health - https://www.nj.gov/health/
- AtlantiCare COVID-19 hotline information – Click Here
- Mortgage Relief COVID-19 – Click Here
- SNAP Benefits – COVID-19 – Click Here
- Coronavirus HOTLINE / New Jersey Poison Center - Click Here
- Information on the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is available on both the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website and the New Jersey Department of Health (NJDOH) website.
- The NJDOH also offers a hotline (1-800-222-1222) for the public to ask questions about the 2019 Novel Coronavirus. The hotline is being operated by the New Jersey Poison Information and Education System (NJPIES), also known as the New Jersey Poison Center.
- CDC Web Site: https://www.cdc.gov/
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID 19): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- Steps to Prevent Illness: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html?CDC_AA_r...
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID 19) Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- People at Risk for Serious Illness from COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/specific-groups/high-risk-comp...
- Johns Hopkins University Link for Coronavirus – COVID – 19: https://hub.jhu.edu/novel-coronavirus-information/
- New Jersey Department of Health: https://www.nj.gov/health/